1/2 cup Nutella
2 bananas, sliced
1/4 cup chopped almonds
1. With your non-dominant hand, hold up your first three fingers. Slightly cup your hand and gently grasp a shortbread cookie by its edge. Position your hand so that your thumb is closest to your body, let’s call this 6-o’clock position.
2. Get a butter knife and with the non-serrated edge, scoop out exactly 1 teaspoon of Nutella. Position your knife at a 45-degree angle, serrated edge side down (using the serrated edge will give you ugly “teeth” marks on your cookie) above the cookie, pointing at the 12-o’clock position. Your cookie hand should still have your thumb positioned at 6-o’clock.
3. Take a few calming breaths to relax and center your chi.
4. Everything in this next step happens in one motion, so you might want to read this a couple of times over and practice the motions before proceeding. Lower your knife and in one flowing motion, rotate the knife counter-clockwise until you reach the 8-o’clock position. At the precise moment that the knife reaches this point, slowly rotate your cookie hand so that your thumb is now at the 9-o’clock position. When the Nutella swoop is complete, lift your knife from the cookie and follow through with a graceful wrist twirl.
5. Top with bananas and almonds.