Yield: Slightly more than 4 cups; 5 half-pints, if jarred
You Will Need:
- 4 cups whole, low-fat, or skim milk
- 3 tablespoons live yogurt or 1 packet dried yogurt culture
2. Remove the milk from the heat and allow it to cool to 110 to 115°F. Using a metal spoon, stir in the yogurt or dried yogurt culture. Mix until well incorporated.
3. Transfer the mixture to whatever container you will be culturing it in, such as yogurt machine glass jars, Mason jars, or lidded glass bowl.
4. Hold the yogurt at 110 to 115°F for the next six hours.
5. Store the yogurt in an airtight container in the refrigerator, and use within one to two weeks.