Let me share with you a homey, inexpensive and easy recipe.
- 4 Pork Rib Chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Tbs. Special Blend (recipe follows)
- 1 6 oz package Cracker-meal
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil, for frying
- In a plate, combine the cracker-meal, parmesan cheese, special blend and salt and pepper to taste.
- In a second plate, whisk the 3 eggs and add a pinch of the special blend, and salt and pepper. Sprinkle some salt, pepper and special blend to pork chops then coat each on the egg, then on the cracker meal, cover, and let rest in the refrigerator until ready to fry.
Do not dispose of the leftover cracker meal nor the egg mixture. Simply mix the two and form balls, adding a teaspoon of milk until they are moist but not soggy.In a large skillet, fry the cracker meal balls for 1-2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- In same skillet, cook pork chops in oil over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and juices run clear.
- Serve with some Congri (Red Kidney Beans and Rice)
Special Blend (Makes 6 1/4 Cups)
Mix together 2 oz each of:
- Cumin Seeds
- Chili Flakes
- Ground Cloves
- Fennel Seeds